Primary and secondary stroke prevention
Image recognition algorithms can be added to the Ecosystem Transaction Space, able to detect stroke signs from images recorded at home, for example on the basis of pathological facial weakness detection. These algorithms, coupled with smart-home/smart-hospital interactions supported in the GK Healthcare Space, will activate early warning alarms which effectively target secondary stroke prevention, particularly for subjects affected by recurrent strokes. GK “Things” involved in this scenario include image detection technologies (e.g. camera in smartphone) and/or MYSPHERA real-time location system. Primary prevention can be addressed through AI-based smart assistants, like Samsung Bixby, aimed at coaching patients on stroke-related healthy habits, similarly to Use Case 1.
The target population will consist on 50 patients at high risk of stroke (primary prevention) and 50 patients at risk of reinfarction (secondary prevention), being controlled both in primary care and in the neurologist’s outpatient office.
Key enabling technologies:
- Advanced educational tools, including virtual or augmented reality.
- Physical activity monitor devices/wearables.
- Patient’s app screening for cognitive, behavioral and mood status.
- A system for the monitoring of drug intake and improvement of adherence to treatment.
- A virtual coaching app fostering promotion of self-management