Call for Twinnings
Why get involved?
The Gatekeeper Call for Twinnings is a great opportunity to:
- Have access to state-of-the-art knowledge that have been developed through the Gatekeeper project.
- Network with leading organisations in the field of Big Data, Internet of things, Artificial Intelligence and public sector bodies with a wealth of experience in carrying out large scale pilot projects.
- Become part of the Gatekeeper mature ecosystem at European level.
- Access funding specifically dedicated to scale-up Gatekeeper innovative practices in other regions in Europe.
What is a Gatekeeper Twinning?
A Twinning is an instrument which provides financial support to scale up innovative practices and key outcomes from the Gatekeeper project to other regions in Europe.
The objective of this support scheme is to support knowledge transfer of innovation and good practices (from the originator/s to the adopter/s) in a way that facilitates the latter’s decisions on the deployment of large-scale innovative solutions for health and care delivery to the ageing population.
What activities can be financed under a twinning?
The main objective of this support scheme is to support knowledge transfer of innovation and good practices (from the originator/s to the adopter/s). The activities that may be included in a twinning work plan should therefore work towards this goal and include: Knowledge transfer meetings, Meetings with local stakeholders, Field visits, Viability studies, Cost/benefit analysis, Translations of documentation related to an innovative practice, Dissemination events, Preparation of reports etc.
Who can take part in a Gatekeeper Twinning?
A Gatekeeper Twinning partnership must be formed of (at least):
- One Originator organisation: This must be a Gatekeeper project partner or Pilot Site. Successful applicants from the Gatekeeper open Calls 1+2 are also eligible if they do so in collaboration with a Gatekeeper partner or Pilot Site.
- One Adopter organisation/region: This must be a local, regional or national public administration located in Europe. The participation of EIP on AHA Reference Sites, Digital Innovation Hubs and pilot sites from other large-scale projects financed under the HORIZON 2020 research and Innovation programme is highly encouraged.
What are the next steps to apply for a twinning?
- Download the Guide for Applicants.
- Find partners for your twinning
- Submit an application using:
- The online Application form
- The offline Application form
For more information about the Call for Twinnings, please consult the Guide for Applicants.