FAQ – FUNDAMENTALS and HOW TO APPLY
- How exactly does the challenges should be link to RUCs (for example: are robot companion limited to a specific RUC?
The link is not mandatory.
- Does the proposal need to address also the piloting phase for the technology or only the technical development ?
Technical development but demonstration of solution need to be provided.
- Do we offer development of a solution to a problem, and then the solution will be implemented in GATEKEEPER partners?
Yes, you should offer de development of a solution and its implementation.
- Could you confirm to me which is the correct date that we should consider as deadline for submitting applications?
According to the new deadline, the date for submitting the proposals is on February, 28th 2021. This information is included in the new release of the Guide of applicant V3.0
- Could you confirm us if Universities can participate in this call?
Yes, as written in the "guide for applicant" universities can participate in this call, as well European Industry, MID Cap, SMEs, start-ups, research and technological centers legally registered in a member state of the European Union or in a Horizon 2020 associated country
- When should the project start?
According to the new Guide for applicant V3.0, the experiments will start on May 1st, 2021 and they will finalize on April 30th 2022
- Is it possible to apply if the company has already received Horizon 2020 funding for another project?
Yes, it is possible to apply if the company have received H2020 funding for another project.
GATEKEEPER partners are not eligible for funding and cannot be part of a funded Project. Same as Linked third party of the Gatekeeper project, they are not considered eligible.
- In case of a new Application should it have already a CE certification as "medical device" OR can we just mention in the project text that all steps will be done in order to REACH the CE certification stage ?
It should have already CE certification as "medical device"
- I understand therefore that only single organisations can apply. So, no consortia correct?
Application made by only one entity. activities in co-operation will not be considered eligible
- Where can be found more information about the collection of assets that open callers can use?
More information is included in the Communication tab > public deliverables
- The validation of the solutions is going to be performed on your set of users or can we propose the users set?
You have to propose the user set or you have to provide evidence that the solution is valid.
FAQ – GK PLATFOMR AND TECHNICAL
- What sort of health data or big data can GK support?
The link is not mandatory.
- Will your architecture provide the structure for the big data collection or our suggested solution should provide the big data structure?
Solution should be aligned with the Gatekeeper logical data model that is based on FHIR resources.
- Are proposals with medical imaging data collection also accepted?
Yes, the medical imaging data collection are also accepted
- The proposals should focus on which part of the gatekeeper platform architecture?
Integration of new services that mainly involve Thing Management System, Intelligent Connector, Data Federation and Gateways.
- Are the AI/Big Data solutions proposed by applicants integrated as a new "pilot" in the GATEKEEPER platform?
They will populate the platform as novel services and hopefully will be used into existing pilot sites.
- Can the code of a Thing be resident on an external server and be plugged to the Web of Things Manager?
Yes, but your system should grant security and privacy in agreement with GDPR your infrastructure should rely on a EU country and you have to provide access for Gatekeeper users.
- Including the Access to existing elements/software via the gatekeeper API could be an acceptable item for challenge1?
Yes but it is a very weak integration. Your component should address also other aspects such as Gatekeeper FHIR implementation guide for a stronger integration.
- Is the IPR of the technology developed in the project exclusive to the beneficiary, or will the gatekeeper platform also have rights to the results?
You and your project will be sole owner of the enabled solution of your project. However, GATEKEEPER Consortium will be licensed the right to use (internally) and IPR you produce as part of the project, for three years after the project finishes.
- An avatar in a tablet with facial emotional expressions will be appropriate?
We could assume it as an intelligent agent more than a robot. Temi or Pepper are more intended to be robot with integrated tablet.
- For the challenge 5 of the open call, what is a robot for you?
We intend as a robot a machine resembling a human being and able to replicate certain human movements and functions automatically.
Mobility is essential? No, Furhat is also a robot for us.