Special celebration of 25 years’ of KMi’s world leading research.Highlights of our work include:
– Our Social Media Analytics work on online misogyny was recently featured in WIRED (https://www.wired.com/story/misogyny-reddit-research/)
– CORE team wins at the Research Excellence Awards 2019
– Our learning analytics platform (OU Analyse) has been shortlisted for a Times Higher Education Award.
– Our scholarly data platform (http://core.ac.uk) now attracts more web traffic than the OU or FutureLearn websites.
– Our collaboration with Springer Nature on scholarly analytics has produced a new standard classification scheme for Computer Science (http://skm.kmi.open.ac.uk/the-open-university-and-springer-nature-launch-the-computer-science-ontology/) as well as a solution for automatic metadata generation, which is now in routine use at Springer Nature.
– Our blockchain based accreditation work underpins the £20M funded Institute of Coding (https://instituteofcoding.org/). This work will be highlighted at the OU’s forthcoming TEDx event (https://www.tedxopenuniversity.com/)
– Our award-winning MK Data Hub (http://www.mksmart.org) was recently applied to power the world’s first Smart City Robot competition in Central Milton Keynes (http://kmi.open.ac.uk/news/article/19065).
A full description of the stands that will be on display can be found at http://kmi.open.ac.uk/festival/.